Vaimo is one of the world’s most respected experts in digital commerce and experience. As a full-service omnichannel partner, we deliver strategy, design, development, and managed services to brands, retailers, and manufacturers all over the world.
Vaimo's Technology Services is looking for DevOps Engineers to join Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team.
We are a diverse and skilled team with members in four different locations: Finland, Estonia, Sweden, Poland, and Ukraine. Our clients are Vaimo’s internal development teams.
What we do:
- We develop and maintain our in-house PaaS (Platform as a Service) based on Kubernetes
- We consult clients and project teams in the cloud infrastructure
- We monitor and resolve incidents 24/7 for our infrastructure (on-call optional)
- We participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and availability in the Cloud
- Develop and implement internal systems, processes, and best practices to be used by other teams designed to increase productivity
- Collaborate with our Software Engineers
- Troubleshoot Cloud issues and respond to escalations
- Verify and resolve configuration and other non-software-related issues
What You Will Do:
- Optimise performance and running cost of our environments by having best practice configurations in place
- Operate and maintain our New Relic, Prometheus and Loki-based observability stack
- Develop automation using Argo Workflows and Events
- Troubleshoot, identify bugs and respond to incidents
- The team works on in-coming tickets from developers and acts as an internal technical customer support
- Document and create run-books for repetitive tasks
- Create best practices for support
- Minimise the amount of repetitive manual work
What We Offer:
- A team with a lot of flexibility, initiative, and opportunities to experiment with technologies
- A friendly environment within the team and in the organization.
- Vaimo’s strong culture of openness, teamwork, excellence, and having fun striving towards our goals
Skills & Requirements:
All below skills are relevant to our work, but we are interested in your individual mix of these competencies:
- At least 4+ years designing and implementing Google Cloud Platform-based solutions
- At least 3+ years experience with Docker and 2+ years experience with Kubernetes
- At least 3+ years experience with Infrastructure as Code way of managing infrastructure resources and 3+ years of experience with automation (eg: Ansible, custom Bash, and Python scripts).
- DevOps in SRE team shall be able to build and improve the processes
- The person should be able to automate repeating processes
- Know-how how software engineers are working and how to use its best practices in the SRE team, eg: Git, Gitflow, GitOps.
- An in-depth knowledge of Linux troubleshooting, including networking, file systems, security, and the Kernel.
- Must be a team player, with exceptional communication skills, working well with others in the group and the rest of the engineering organization
- Familiarity with Cloud security and governance models.
You will get extra credits for:
- Experience with Google Cloud
- Experience with FinOps culture
- Experience with InfoSec and its practices
- Experience with MySQL Databases