Vaimo focuses on helping online store owners achieve digital sales success. At Vaimo we position ourselves as one of the top Magento solutions providers in the world, and we've helped more than 500 online store owners move their businesses forward without compromise.
As an Engagement Lead at Vaimo, you will have a central role in our pursuit to drive success in digital commerce. You will have broad responsibility that requires strong leadership skills, structure, creativity, and the ability to identify the most efficient solutions for our clients.
You will be responsible for delivering projects from start to finish, managing both internal and external stakeholders. You will work closely with our external clients, Vaimo leadership, and development teams to deliver high-quality results for Vaimo and our clients.
The Engagement Lead is a senior profile overseeing a portfolio of high value client projects. You will leads a team of project managers, each of whom is assigned to one or more projects within your “project portfolio.”
Working with the project managers in their team, the Engagement Lead oversees the commercial growth - and ensures the successful execution of - the projects in their portfolio. This includes all project delivery processes - such as planning, forecasting, invoicing, project health etc.
You will achieve healthy, profitable projects, high levels of Client Satisfaction, and an engaged team of project managers. In some circumstances you may also simultaneously play a project or programme manager role - but this is context specific.
You will be commercially oriented, and actively seeks opportunities to upsell to his/her portfolio of clients. The client should NOT perceive this person as “sales hungry”. We want the client to perceive this person as a trusted adviser, who understands the client’s business and industry, and is able to contribute to commercial discussions.
1. Achieve healthy projects, low write-offs and satisfied clients
- Regularly monitor the health of the project portfolio, and the satisfaction levels of the assigned clients
- Work with each project manager to define a list of actions aimed at stabilising/increasing project health, and client satisfaction
- Hold project managers accountable for this list of actions. Assist where required.
- Where necessary, provide very direct support to the project managers in your team. Examples include (but are not limited to) running/contributing to a Quarterly Business Review, facilitating difficult client/team discussions, and managing a project while your project manager is on vacation
2. Lead a profitable, growing project portfolio
- Track and understand the profitability levels of your project portfolio
- Take steps to improve the profitability of your project portfolio (without unnecessarily sacrificing client satisfaction or team engagement)
- Actively seek opportunities to upsell to your project portfolio
3. Monitor and increase the employee engagement and satisfaction of your direct reports
- Actively track the eNPS of project managers within your team, and determine WHY eNPS is decreasing or increasing
- Formulate a plan to solve the problem of decreasing eNPS. Execute.
- If eNPS is decreasing because of something in Vaimo’s delivery methodology, proactively disclose this to the Operations Manager and Head of Delivery so that they can contribute to solving it
4. Find, onboard, and train NEW project managers
- Identify the gaps in your project management team
- Work together with the Planning Manager to determine how many new project managers you need, and by when
- Lead and facilitate the onboarding of new project managers.
5. Train, coach and develop your team of project managers in Vaimo’s delivery methodology, and the Client Success Programme
- Ensure that project managers understand the “what” and the “why” behind Vaimo’s delivery methodology. Provide regular training.
- Monitor compliance to Vaimo’s delivery methodology
- Coach project managers in strategies and tactics for resolving with delivery challenges
- Coach project managers in the “how” and the “why” of the Client Success Programme. Hold them accountable for executing their part in the programme.
- Set personal and development goals for all project managers in your team, and regularly review these as part of your 1-on-1s.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to work on various types of large projects
- The opportunity to work with system development in a team where you set the framework for how you want to work
- Free hands to work with new solutions involving new technology
- The opportunity to learn new techniques, tools, and programming languages in regular exchanges of expertise with colleagues
- Attractive salary + benefits
- Work in a flexible environment in a brand new office with attention to a good work-life balance
Skills & Requirements:
5+ years in working with enterprise clients
- Senior project manager/delivery manager/product owner with a very strong history of successfully delivering engineering projects for external clients (as opposed to internal clients)
- Demonstrable experience in holding commercial discussions/negotiations with a client
- Solid experience in leading large teams that work on solutions that are live to internal or external customers
- Very strong communicator
- Very strong experience in software project delivery
- Commercially inclined, and comfortable upselling clients on value-adding features/products/technologies
- Very comfortable leading challenging client conversations
- Have a good understanding of project management fundamentals
- Comfortable holding direct reports responsible for complying to a delivery methodology…
- … but has the experience to know when it is appropriate to divert from company methodology
- Strong supporter of using digital tools to track project progress, health and compliance
- Experience in holding people responsible for complying to a delivery methodology
- Required to travel from time to time
Advanced English, both verbal and written is a must
Why work for Vaimo UK?
We work as #onevaimo, which means that you will work with colleagues every day from all over the world
- Our culture is people-first. We have above-industry-standard people satisfaction and below-industry churn rates - basically, Vaimo’ers stick around
- Being a global company, also makes us a “remote” company. We like to meet up in the office, but offer a very flexible working environment
- We’re growing which means opportunities for career growth and participation in exciting projects that will evolve our company
- We work with exciting clients where digital is a strategic priority. It’s more fun to work on things that improve people's lives and businesses right?
We care deeply about our core values, and we try to follow and respect them in all we do. Our values are:
Teamwork: When one of us wins, we all win and we celebrate together and share our learnings. When we face challenges, we collaborate and support each other to overcome obstacles together.
Fun: Our attitude is social, positive, and playful, and we appreciate challenges and love winning.
Excellence: We strive to be leaders and to always remain in a constant state of improving ourselves. We aim to be innovative, efficient, and competitive.
Open: We endeavour to be open-minded, honest, and transparent with each other and with our clients.
Knowledge sharing is a key success factor for us. We do serious work, but we are anything but serious people! We celebrate success together and learn from each other.
Does this sound interesting? Please send us your application and join us on our journey! And don't forget to tell us why you are interested in the position and why you are the ideal candidate for this opportunity.